Wednesday 19 October 2011

For My Oldest Daughter

Today I spent time making a card for my older daughter, I tried a combination of new (dies) and old (papers and stamp) and I like the results.  I also made her a pair of matching earings, my very first piece of hand made Jewellery.  She loves pink so I went all pink!  I also used my lovely Flexmarkers on the stamped image, the suble colours really lend themselves to that type of stamp.

I do like Jewellery making but worry about my combinations way too much, I end up ditching all my designs and I know I shouldn't, trial and error is the only way to learn, but I hate making things that I don't really like at the end of my effort.  I have a box full of things I made and boxed as soon as I realised I hated it.

3 comments:

  1. you really shouldn't be so hard on yourself Laura those earrings look beautiful to me but don't people say you are your own worst critic.The card is also beautiful and I am sure your daughter will love it
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, this is just a simply beautiful card and the earrings look gorgeous. I am sure your daughter will love them too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete