Wednesday 22 June 2011

Messing About With Cosmic Shimmer Mists

This is my attempt at making a background with Cosmic Shimmer Mists.

List of Products Used

Black Card Stock
Ivory Card Stock
Big Shot
Grand Calibur
Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplate Die
Tim Holtz Paper Rosette Die
Spellbinders Bird Flourishes Die

Cosmic Shimmers - Lava Red and Blue Ice
Distress Inks - Chipped Sapphire, Lipstick red and Dusty Concord

Stamps - Hero Arts French Script and Tim Holtz Stuff To Say

Crafters Companion - Spray and Shine and Spray and Sparkle (Silver)

I used Black card (A5 size) and sprayed it with Lava Red Cosmic Shimmer Mist, waited for it to dry then sprayed it with Blue Ice Cosmic Shimmer Mist.  I think it worked out quite well, it gave me blue and red as well as mixing into purple in places.

I then cut out two tags with my Big Shot and Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplate Die and used Distress Inks (Chipped Sapphire and Lipstick Red) to give me a starting point.  I then stamped the top tag with Distress Ink (Dusty Concord) and a Hero Arts French Script Stamp and used my favourite glue to stick the finished first tag on top of the second tag at a slight angle.  I then stamped the bottom of the second tag with a Tim Holtz Stuff To Say Stamp. Once it was all dry I attached with my favourite paper glue and began my embellishments.

My first embellishment was from the Spellbinders Bird Flourishes dies.  I cut them out with my Grand Calibur and then sprayed them both with Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle.  I waited for that to dry and then finished them off with a light covering of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine.

My second embellishment was a paper rosette made with my Big Shot and the Tim Holtz Paper Rosette Die.  This die does all the cutting and scoring for you so all that is left to do is mountain and valley fold the finished piece and use a little paper glue to stick the two ends together.  My tip here is to cut out two of the circles that you get in the die, that way you can secure your flower on the bottom and the top and you have a smooth surface to attach to your project.  Once the paper glue is dry, press your flower into place and secure with glue, bottom circle first and than add your top circle.

I them added all my embellishments to my card and took photo's to catalogue my journey into crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love the card and the sentiment. I love my cosmic shimmers too, have to get them out and have play. :)

    ReplyDelete